ROSE ON THE GREEN PRIVACY NOTICE
The information applies to clients who book in for treatments as described in the Treatment Menu section of this website, and to attendees on courses and classes run by Rose on the Green, including Rosebuds Baby Massage classes and the Rose on the Green Baby Massage Instructor diploma course.
Our Privacy Promise –
Is transparent. We will always tell you what data we’re collecting about you and why and how we use it. We will never sell your data to any third party.
Is secure. Rose on the Green is committed to always follow industry best practices to ensure your data is stored safely and securely. We protect the confidentiality, accuracy and availability of the information we collect about you.
Gives you control We will always give you control over the marketing you receive from us. You can choose the types of messages you receive and whether you want to stop receiving marketing communications.
During your first visit as a client I collect personal data as follows and enter it on your client registration form. This comprises your –
Date of birth
Phone number (landline and mobile)
GP number and address
This information is used –
- To deliver the services you have requested
- To identify you
- To communicate with you by email and phone including mobile phone
- To send information about related relevant services or courses, with your specific consent
- To carry out a contract I have entered into with you
Please note that I cannot guarantee the security of information given via email or text when you contact me
Medical, lifestyle and health details are collected to ensure that any treatments I give you are appropriate and safe
Client registration forms and treatment records are currently held on paper in a locked filing cabinet.
For course attendees
The data collected is slightly different, as follows –
Information we may have on you:
- Full Name
- Postal Address
- Email address
- Contact phone number
- Medical information as previously supplied by you
- Photos, videos and course assignments
We use your information to:
- Identify you as the student/applicant/client
- Allow us to issue you a certificate with your correct name
- Post any certificates and communication
- Provide you with essential course information as well as links to course study material
- Provide you with information about courses and developments in the industry
- Enrol you with the respective awarding examination bodies (where applicable)
- Use photos and videos for social media and course promotion online
Marketing (applies to everyone visiting the website)
We would like to send you information about services and classes and courses which we think you might be interested in, with your specific consent. If you have agreed to receive marketing in this way, you can opt out later at any point.
Your Information and Third Parties:
We DO NOT sell or pass on your information to any third parties with the following exception –
In cases where we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request.
How long will we keep your data:
Data is kept for seven years in line with the advice of the FHT (Federation of Holistic Therapists).
Your Rights. You can –
- Ask us not to process your personal data where it is processed on the basis of legitimate interests, unless there are compelling reasons for that processing
- Request access to personal information held about you
- Ask for the information we hold about you to be corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- Ask that we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent
- Ask, in certain circumstances, to delete the personal data we hold about you
- Ask, in certain circumstances, for the processing of that information to be restricted
- Request a transfer of your data to another organisation, or to you in certain circumstances
- Ask us not to use your personal data for direct marketing. To do this, visit your email preferences and personalisation settings within your account and tick the box.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our website we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
This helps us recognise you and remember your previous preferences such as your preferred language and your location, what content you viewed and information about your browser, device and your IP address.
You can set your browser to not accept cookies. Sometimes doing this will affect some features and functions on our website.
By post to:
Data Protection Officer: Ingrid Perrin Rose on the Green 274 Aylsham Road Norwich NR3 2RG
By email to:
In order to request a copy of the personal data that Rose on the Green holds about you, please send your request in writing to the Data Protection Officer at the above address. To enable us to verify your identity and process your request, you must include all of the following information and documentation with your request:
- Your full name
- The email address registered to your account
- A description of the data that you are requesting, including a date range
- A copy of your current and valid photo ID (e.g. passport photo page)
- Proof of your address in the form of a photocopy of a utilities or service provider bill
- The date of the request.
If you make a request we have one month to respond to you
If you are unhappy with our processing of your personal data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) at any time. The ICO’s contact details are available here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
Please contact the Data Protection Officer in the first instance so we can address any concerns before you take this next step
How to contact Rose on the Green
Rose on the Green may update this Privacy Notice at any time without prior notice. The latest version will always be available on our website